Did you know that Marianopolis offers various types of English-language support to many of its students before they start studying at the College and throughout their time with us? We are experts at helping students transition to studying in English. As a matter of fact, about half of our students come from French high schools.
Here is some of what we do to support our students who need help with their English:
- After you are admitted and before you start classes at the College, you take a placement test. This helps us put you in the English course that will be most helpful to you.
- You can attend small group sessions in grammar, self-editing techniques and other important writing tools to help you continuously improve your English.
- Throughout your studies at Marianopolis, you will have access to our Writing Centre. Our literacy and language specialists hold workshops and offer you one-on-one assistance to help improve your speaking, reading and writing abilities in English.
- In your second year, you can participate in a series of sessions to prepare you for the English Exit Exam, which everyone must pass in order to get their DEC.
- Before you graduate, you will receive individual support from our Academic Advisors and other professionals. They will discuss your career options, help you choose your university program and give you a hand with your applications to the best English-language and French-language universities.
If you have any questions about studying in English, don’t hesitate to contact the Marianopolis College Admissions Team.
Lastly, there is our intensive summer course Preparation for English College Studies (PECS), for students who do not feel comfortable speaking, reading or writing in English. PECS can help provide the theory and practice that will help them when classes start in August.