Out of Province Student
Applicants from Canadian Institutions Outside Quebec
Applicants from Canadian institutions outside Quebec must at least be in the process of completing Grade 11 or 12 at the time of application.
The minimum admissions requirements are:
- Alberta: General High School Diploma – Grade 11 (67-100 credits)
- British Columbia: High School Graduation Diploma – Grade 11
- Manitoba: High School Diploma – Grade 11 (minimum 13 credits)
- New Brunswick: High School Graduation Diploma – Grade 12 (minimum 12 credits or 13 credits, depending on regime)
- Newfoundland: High School Graduation Diploma – Grade 11 (minimum 24 credits)
- Nova Scotia: High School Certificate – Grade 11 (minimum 12 credits)
- Ontario: Ontario Secondary School Diploma – Grade 11 (minimum 22 credits)
- Prince Edward Island: General High School Diploma – Grade 11 (minimum 12 credits)
- Saskatchewan: High School Graduation Diploma – Grade 11 (minimum 16 credits)
Reminder: It is your responsibility to submit all required documents. An incomplete admission file may result in a delay in the assessment of your file or cancellation. Please write your seven-digit online application number on all supplemental documents.
What to send in case of extenuating circumstances:
- A letter from a doctor describing major illness/accidents
- A short letter explaining your situation
Important: Please review specific program requirements to determine what information needs to be included with your application.
Program Specific Requirements
In addition to the equivalent academic background to the Quebec Diploma of Secondary Studies, some programs offered at Marianopolis have specific high school course prerequisites (or equivalent) for admissions and additional application requirements.
Fall admission – MARCH 1
Winter admission – NONE
Applying to the College
Students can apply directly online by completing an online application through Omnivox.
Students attending a high school in Canada, will need to upload all supporting documents in Omnivox after submitting an application:
- A clear copy of your official birth certificate (with both parents’ names indicated)
- An official translation of your birth certificate in English or French (if required)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency (if required)
- A copy of your official academic record from Grade 9 to the present
- A copy of your official mid-year transcripts for the current year
- A letter of intent (if applying to Arts and Sciences; Liberal Arts; Honours Science)
- Music audition results if applying to the Music program
Applications received with a time-stamp after 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date will be considered only after all regular applications have been reviewed, if at all, and only if space is still available within the College.
Proficiency in English
The language of instruction at Marianopolis is English. All confirmed students will be required to write an English Placement Test. This test does not affect your admission, but serves to place you in the correct course stream. Confirmed students will be notified through Omnivox about the date and time.
Students may be required to take remedial or reinforcement courses and to follow a reduced course load if it is determined that their English skills are not adequate.
All applicants must be completing Secondary V or equivalent level French. French placement at Marianopolis is based on grade 10 and grade 11 high school grades. If the grade information is incomplete, you will be required to write a placement test in May after admission to the College.
Students may be required to take remedial or reinforcement courses and to follow a reduced course load if it is determined that their French skills are not adequate.
Evaluation of Applicants
The Admissions Committee reviews each application individually, carefully considering the following:
- The overall average of both final Secondary IV results and Secondary V term results
- The performance of the student in each program-related and/or prerequisite course
Applicants who believe their academic record is not a true indication of their ability should submit an explanatory letter when applying, as well as a copy of all relevant transcripts.
Though we make every effort to accommodate our applicants, please note that it may not be possible to consider grades and/or letters received after the published deadline.
Notice of Decision
At the end of March and throughout the month of April, notices of conditional acceptance can be found in your Omnivox account under 'Documents and Messages'. Final acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of all entrance requirements, as well as applicable program prerequisites and is automatic once these conditions have been met.
Note: all offers of acceptance will be withdrawn from applicants whose file remains incomplete at Marianopolis, or who do not graduate from high school and complete the requirements to enter CEGEP.