Applicants from Quebec Institutions
The basic entrance requirement for admission to Marianopolis College is the Quebec Diploma of Secondary Studies (Diplôme d’études secondaire), including:
- Secondary V Language of Instruction (English or Français)
- Secondary V Second Language (French, Second Language or Anglais, langue seconde)
- Secondary IV Mathematics
- Secondary IV Science and Technology or Secondary IV Technological and Scientific Applications
- Secondary IV History and Citizenship Education
Students from French system schools in Montréal, Collège international Marie de France et Collège Stanislas, must be completing their Seconde class level and any required program prerequisite complement courses. They must submit the equivalence letter from the Quebec Ministry of Education as well as successfully pass the Québec Histoire-éducation citoyenneté course.
What to send in case of extenuating circumstances:
- A letter from a doctor describing major illness/accidents
- A short letter explaining your situation
Program Specific Requirements
In addition to the minimum entrance requirements listed above, some programs offered at Marianopolis have specific high school course prerequisites for admissions and additional application requirements.
Fall admission – MARCH 1
Winter admission – NOVEMBER 1
Applying to the College
Students can apply directly online by completing an online application through Omnivox.
Students attending a high school in Quebec, will need to upload all supporting documents in Omnivox after submitting an application:
- A clear copy of your official long-form birth certificate (with both parents’ names indicated)
- An official translation of your birth certificate in English or French (if required)
- Proof of Canadian citizenship or permanent residency (if required)
- A letter of intent (if applying to Arts and Sciences; Liberal Arts; Honours Science)
- Winter admission – A letter explaining motivation to attend Marianopolis College and what you have been doing since graduation
Important: If your high school does not have an agreement with SRAM for automatic grade transmissions, please send your most recent Secondary V report card (term 1 grades).
Reminder: It is your responsibility to submit all required documents. An incomplete admission file may result in a delay in the assessment of your file or cancellation. Please write your seven-digit online application number on all supplemental documents.
Applications received with a time-stamp after 11:59 p.m. on the deadline date will be considered only after all regular applications have been reviewed, if at all, and only if space is still available within the College.
Proficiency in English
The language of instruction at Marianopolis is English. All confirmed students will be required to write an English placement test. This test does not affect your admission, but serves to place you in the correct course stream. Confirmed students will be notified through Omnivox about the date and time.
Students may be required to take remedial or reinforcement courses and to follow a reduced course load if it is determined that their English skills are not adequate.
Current regulations stipulate that all students must take two French courses in order to complete CEGEP diploma requirements. All applicants must be completing Secondary V or equivalent level French. French placement at Marianopolis is based on Secondary IV and V high school grades for Français langue seconde and Français langue maternelle. If the grade information is incomplete, you will be required to write a placement test in May after admission to the College.
Students may be required to take remedial or reinforcement courses and to follow a reduced course load if it is determined that their French skills are not adequate.
Evaluation of Applicants
The Admissions Committee reviews each application individually, carefully considering the following:
- The overall average of both final Secondary IV results and Secondary V term 1 results
- The performance of the student in each program-related and/or prerequisite course
- The performance of the student in each required English/Anglais course
Applicants who believe their academic record is not a true indication of their ability should submit an explanatory letter when applying, as well as a copy of all relevant transcripts.
Though we make every effort to accommodate our applicants, please note that it may not be possible to consider grades and/or letters received after the published deadline.
Notice of Decision
Fall applicants: Notices of conditional acceptance are sent out as of mid-March and throughout the month of April.
Winter applicants: Notices of conditional acceptance can be found in your Omnivox account under 'Documents and Messages'.
Final acceptance is contingent upon successful completion of all entrance requirements, as well as applicable program prerequisites and is automatic once these conditions have been met.
Note: all offers of acceptance will be withdrawn from applicants whose file remains incomplete at Marianopolis, or who do not graduate from high school and complete the requirements to enter CEGEP.