Applications and Admissions
We want to keep you informed throughout the admissions process and this section of our website is your tool to never miss a beat. The Admissions Office posts here regular updates, reminders and step-by-step guides, so don’t forget to check in often!
New Spots Available for Fall 2023
Marianopolis College has recently opened up additional spots for Fall 2023 in the following programs:
- Arts, Literature and Communication
- Liberal Arts
- Social Science, all concentrations: Commerce; Human Behaviour; Law, Society and Justice; Core Social Science
Students can apply on the Omnivox platform, which will remain available until May 25. Those who are interested in attending the College should apply as soon as possible, as spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Checking your Application Status
You can check the status of your application in Omnivox. If your status says, "In Progress," it means your file is being evaluated. Decisions will be posted beginning March 13 and into April.
If the status of your application is "AD-Admission-Admitted," you've been accepted, congratulations! Your official acceptance letter will soon be available in Omnivox along with other documents related to your admission.
If you are admitted to your first-choice program, please note that you will not be evaluated for your second choice program.
Fall 2023 Applications
The deadline to apply was March 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Students can still upload any supporting admissions documents via Omnivox. Applications received after the March 1 deadline will be considered late and will only be reviewed once all other applications have been processed and only if space is still available at the College.
Here is our step-by-step guide to applying:
- Research your program of interest to make an informed decision. Remember, you can select a first-choice program and a second-choice program. We recommend the following:
- For your first-choice program, always select one with a higher entrance requirement than your second-choice program
- Don’t apply to two profiles or concentrations within the same program that have the same entrance requirements
- Music and/or Double DECs with Music should always be put as a first-choice program because of the audition process.
- Consult our entrance requirements for a quick summary of the program prerequisites and requirements.
- Fill out the online application in Omnivox.
- Jot down your seven-digit online student application number (231-XXXX) that you will get once you complete your application. You will need it later, so don't forget!
- Find out which documents to upload along with your application.
- International students must have valid immigration documents for Collegial/Post-Secondary studies (Study Permit and CAQ) before applying and submit them at the same time as their supporting application documents.
- Check your email regularly to see if we have communicated with you regarding missing documents or to give you more information.
- You can check the status of your application in Omnivox.
How does the Charter of the French Language (Bill 96) Impact Fall 2023 Admissions?
The primary impact of the new French Language Charter for Fall 2023 admissions is that it provides slightly different course and exit requirements for students who have a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) for English-language education.
Certificate of Eligibility
Students who are eligible for English-language primary and secondary education, but who do not have their Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) from the Quebec government should apply for one before June 2023. However, students will not need to submit a copy of their certificate when they apply to the College. Marianopolis will be able to validate each applicant’s eligibility directly with their high school or school board.
For Fall 2023, the application and admissions process remains the same as prior years. Any Secondary 5 / Grade 11 student from any high school, French or English, can apply to Marianopolis. Students will be admitted based on their academic record and any other entrance requirements for their program.
Other colleges and cégeps may take a different approach - this is the approach Marianopolis is taking for Fall 2023: we commit to making an offer of admission to any CoE holder who meets our admission standards.
For Fall 2023:
- Students with a CoE will continue to take two French courses in order to graduate.
- Students without a CoE will now be required to take three French courses in order to graduate.
- There are no changes to total course load: students with a CoE and students without a CoE still take the same total number of courses to graduate as prior years.
Language Exit Exam
In order to graduate, students must pass a language exit exam, set and marked by the Ministère de l'Enseignement supérieur:
- Students with a CoE will continue to write the English Exit Exam.
- Students without a CoE will now write the French Exit Exam (Épreuve uniforme de français). These students will take three French courses as mentioned above, which will be designed to prepare them to succeed on the exam.