Within the two-year, pre-university Social Science program, students can choose the Honours Commerce profile.
The Marianopolis Honours Commerce profile is designed for students with high academic standing. It offers enrichment and recognizes excellence. This profile is designed for students with a strong interest in the social sciences, who are highly motivated and who wish to engage in curricular and extra-curricular activities that will enrich their understanding of the world of business and commerce.
Beyond the Marianopolis Commerce profile objectives, the Honours Commerce profile gives highly motivated students an opportunity to cultivate even further their passion for the world of business and commerce.
The dynamic experiences open to Honours Commerce students include: a course on business communications; a seminar that uses everything from improv techniques that teach students the art of pitching an idea, to case studies, to taking part in Concordia University’s business incubator District 3; and a mentorship program that pairs up students with mentors in the world of business.
Honours Commerce students must maintain minimum grades to stay in the profile once at the College.
Honours Commerce students will be expected to participate in the following enriched courses:
- An enriched Introductory course
- An enriched Linear Algebra course
- The Honours Commerce Business Case Studies Seminar (an advanced course reserved for Honours Commerce students).
Honours Commerce students must attend five guest lectures and participate in one stock market competition. Past speakers have included:
- Charles Sirois, successful Quebec entrepreneur, invited by the Young Executives Club
- Mitch Joel, President of Twist Image - an award-winning Digital Marketing and Communications agency
- Dominic Parasuco, the Private Label Sales Director of Parasuco Jeans Inc.
- Mark McNeil, Vice-President Sales & Marketing-General Manager at Weston Bakeries
Honours Commerce students are encouraged to complete one of the college-wide certificates - Environmental Studies, International Studies, Law and Social Justice, Native Studies, Third World Studies, and Gender and Sex/uality Studies - for further enrichment.
The Honours Commerce profile, like the Commerce profile, is designed to prepare students for university studies in various fields.
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Fund Raiser
- Human Resources Manager
- Industrial Relations Specialist
- Information Systems Specialist
- Investment Broker
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Manager
- Markets Analyst
- Media Specialist
- Mobility Specialist
- Policy Analyst
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Sales Representative
- Wealth Manager
Want to know more?
If you have questions about the Social Science program, please contact: