Honours Social Science
Within the two-year, pre-university Social Science program, students can choose the Honours Social Science profile.
The Honours Social Science profile is designed for students with high academic standing. It offers enrichment and recognizes excellence. This profile is designed for students with a strong interest in the social sciences, who are highly motivated, and who wish to engage in curricular and extra-curricular activities that will enrich their understanding of and cultivate their passion for the social sciences.
Within this profile, students will be expected to participate in the following activities:
- An enriched Introductory course
- The Honours Social Science Seminar, an advanced course reserved for Honours Social Science students.
- Nine guest lectures or workshops, such as:
- Politicians discussing their career path
- Psychologists presenting the state of their current research
- Lawyers talking about the realities of working in a law firm
- Journalists exploring potential career paths with students
- Former Marianopolis students sharing their experience in university and the job market
Students are strongly encouraged to get involved and to suggest potential topics or people they would like to meet. In the past, guest speakers have been invited based on student interest or initiatives.
Honours Social Science students are encouraged to complete one of the college-wide certificates - Environmental Studies, International Studies, Law and Social Justice, Indigenous Studies, Third World Studies, and Gender and Sex/uality Studies - for further enrichment.
Note: If you are applying to the Global Studies and International Affairs, Law, Society and Justice, or Psychology profile and would also like to participate in Honours, please email the Admissions team with your application number (seven-digit student number) before March 1. You must meet the minimum requirements for Honours Social Science.
Want to know more?
If you have questions about the Social Science program, please contact: